Monday, May 13, 2013

Guilty SL Confessions Meme


Its that time again. Happy Monday all. Its time for another Strawberry Singh Meme of the week. And this one might actually get me in a bit of trouble. But I am up for that challenge.  This week we are talking about our confessions that make us guilty! I think honestly she wants to know some dirty little secrets of ours, then again I am looking forward to reading all the ones posted on her site too. I know this could be dangerous and funny all at the same time. So...here we go.

1. I am Vain: OK, so first off. I will totally admit this to anyone. I will make fun of avatars. And some of you do it too. Don't deny it. I really want to start "The People of SL" Website, like "The People of Walmart" because man there are some crazy avatars out there.  Like OK, first off, if you make your SL ass 100 and it looks like cottage cheese on crack...seriously what in gods name are you doing walking around in a prim skirt that don't cover your butt! Do you know how ridiculous you look? I will be the one silently pointing you out to my friends going OMG WTF is she thinking?!?! Or I will take a picture with my Grabilla and send your funky ass pick to a guy friend of mine and go there is your next girlfriend and we will laugh and laugh.  Now I know this is wrong, and second life should be about what you want it to be...but seriously. Some people make me wonder. Now I don't expect people all to be skinny and model and what most call "normal". But I have to wonder what is going through peoples minds sometimes when they log in looking all odd.

2. Stand Alone Dancing: Ohh this is a good one. I am guilty of when I am standing alone on my blogger platform. I have Pandora in my ear, music blaring, I cannot stand my av to just stand there with the ao going. So while I am blogging, my av is busting moves on the platform with NO ONE around ( kinda like now). I'm not even paying attention half the time because I am in 20 different screens (Photoshop, Flickr, Blogger, Wordpress, websites of designers). So while I have no good reason to be dancing. I just do it. There have been times...when I am just dancing away and not paying attention, friends log on to where I am and they are just standing there talking to me cause they think I am there, and I clearly am not. I come back to the screen all embarrassed cause they are talking thinking I am ignoring them, and here I am busting moves like some fool. And I am like "Oh...I didn't see you..." *looks away all red like*  and I am laughing by now. But yea...hey I am working on the blog...and I cant dance and blog at the same time to good music...so someone has to do it!!!!

3. I was a Furry: Now when I say furry. I mean full out furry. Not this half and half hybrid stuff we do now. Not Neko or anything like that. I was a full on furry. I was a lion. When I came to Second Life. My friend brought me from another game called Furcadia. Where you could be a Mario looking animal of sorts. It was more like a chat room and not really advanced like SL is.  So when we came here, I was still wanting to be an animal. So I was a lion.  Now at this time back in the day. Like '05 '06 Furries were frowned upon. They weren't as accepted. At this time I remember that most clubs didn't like them in the scene. Though that has changed a very little. it was intimidating. I couldn't go to most places, clothes didn't fit right. Griefers were really bad. It was just an unpleasant experience in my opinion. And today there is a clear boundary between a human and furry. Its like they have their land and humans have theirs. Which is stupid if you ask me. Peoples opinions make it hard for people to get along. But I guess it is what it is and there isn't much people are gonna do.

4. What a Follower?!?!  So Yes, it happens. Though I would love to think of myself as a leader sometimes. I do happen to end up as the follower. Specially when it comes to blogging. Now let me clarify this a little. I am not a copy catter, I do not take someones idea and copy it to the T. I will see something on flickr. Lets use Miss Berry for a moment as my example. I LOVE ♥ LOVE her pictures. (yes I totally fan girled there). I actually really ♥ her blog too. Because its detailed and organized. Now I don't want to be some rude ass and copy her blog exactly or her pictures. But I will fully admit that I get my ideas from her. Techniques and looks and designs. I will make them my own style. But I will follow in her footsteps. I do this in other blogs too. I see something I like and I apply it to my own. I know the point of flickr and blogs is to show off your own personal styles and looks and all that other fun jazz. But sometimes its just blah and ideas run out. So you collect ideas from many sources and apply them to your own.  So if that makes me a follower then so be it. I am proud of it! Yea!!

5. Bad SL Market Place Shopper:  OK my last confession of the guilty. I love shopping. I love shopping with out having to go out. So I window shop on market place. I have officially 45 pages of saved items I want and never bought from the site. I am guilty of looking at items and favoriting them and wanting to go back later and get them. Yet most times I never actually get the item. Or I will find myself going out in world and getting the item. So they sit in the favorites section of my marketplace account and its just getting bigger and bigger. Yes I should clean it. I might actually do that today so I can make this guilt go away. But odds are I wont. And it will become a massive black hole. I don't think its hurting anyone to have the items sitting there, it just makes a mess when I am looking for something I did favorite and I want to buy it. Its just easier to re look up the designer and go about it that way. I know silly. But its there. It will probably always be there. The mess of a marketplace.


Whelp that is the end of my confessions. If I keep telling all my guilty little secrets then I will have nothing left to make my life a mystery. Though I have to admit this was fun to write and I am happy I am doing these Memes. I look forward to Mondays now. Which is a shocking new revelation.  I do hope you all have a good week.  And post your Guilty Confessions on Strawberry's blog (link at the top). I look forward to reading them too!

Oh my credits:
Top and Pants by Drift
Hair by Exile - American Woman
Skin by Glam Affair - Amberly
Necklace from Amorous - Zodiac Leo
Feet and Flops from Pixel Mode

6 comments:

  1. lol other than being a furry, this could be me! Although I don't always dance - sometimes I just pull up a chair, strike a cute pose and go about my business!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with being a follower, I do the same and don't tell anyone but I also do #2! Ssshhhhhh

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH you came from Furcadia... ME TOO!!! I was a green squirrel in furcadia before I came into SL. I totally agree with you about people's opinions, some of my best friends are furries and when I go to the furry sims to hang out with them I really feel like an outcast - must be how they feel when they come to hang out with me sometimes! OH AND I LOVE YOUR PHOTO lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww your confessions were so cute and random! And gosh, you make me want to add to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahahahhaha very very cute your confessions!!!

    ReplyDelete