Thursday, April 4, 2013

Pet Peeve Meme

So its rare that I use my blog for something more than fashion. But I found this to be a trend thing I seen on flickr and as much as I don't want to admit I am a follower, I tend to be when I see something fun and growing.  So this was inspired by Strawberry Singh. She has been doing Meme's for a bit now and I read them because they are fun, informative, entertaining and also a way to get to know a person.  But this one. Stuck out. Its a way to rant. Which sometimes a person needs to do. Get things off their chest.

So what are your top 5 Pet Peeves?


OK so here we go...and man don't kill me if you read something you don't like here. These are all my opinions and dont involve anyone one person or persons.

5. Copybotters - Seriously people. Are you lacking that much creativity that you have to try and make a buck off someones creation. I mean its really annoying to go into a shop that you think is "new" and find that someone is trying to sell something that doesn't belong to them.  But what makes it worse is that they ACTUALLY believe its theirs and its coincidence that they have some thing that someone else made along time ago. Some people will go on and on about how they made the item when you know they didn't. Just annoys me.

4. Beggars -  We all have seen it. You are happy minding your own business and someone you don't even know IMs you and goes hey can you loan me some L's. OK. First...you don't know me. Second...you don't know me. Why would you ask me for some obscene amount of money if you don't know me? Do you see Bank of Livvy tattooed on my head? I don't. Now I understand those who are having issues in SL where you need 1L to make your money show. Sure OK I could maybe understand that. But do you really ask a complete stranger? If something like that happens to me I ask friends.  And don't get me started on the bots they have now...

3. Bling/Noob/Outdated stuff -  I personally giggle at all you people out there that come into a place with your bling on (shame on you if you are old in SL) You know those shoes from when SL first started. Or the big bright bling bling that the old necklaces use to have. REALLY...you don't look good. In fact. Kinda the laughing stock of SL. I read somewhere that SL should seriously get rid of the old and come to something new. PLEASE. For us veterans who have been here for years. Let me tell you that there are tons of new freebies out there that are way better! And there are stores that offer you if you are new 30 day and under peeps freebies to make you look amazing! You don't have to wear the SHY skins from back in the day that have that oil sheen to it...and the lips that are lined soo horrid. Yikes. Lindens should let designers put up a LM board or something on the newb landing points to offer New people to come check out their store, and get a gift or something...would seriously cut down on the noob looks.

2. Designers that Dont Try - As a blogger and avid shopper in SL. I love finding new things. What ticks me off is that "SOME" designers don't put effort into a item. They will buy a pattern, a mesh, a template, a skin, or model of something and not change it up to be who they are! I don't like going into stores and seeing that they bought something off someone like Meli Imako (a full perms creator in SL) and slap her texture on it and turn around and sell it for 400L or more. I totally understand that mesh is hard to make. This is why I don't create. But to my understanding there is a pattern to follow. To help you texture these things. Its called a little trial and error. A little hard work. Make that mesh or item your own. Just cause you use the base, and just because they include "example textures" don't make it yours to sell. I believe cause I have some of her items that if you buy the mesh you are not allowed to use the textures unless for your own personal self.

1. Liars, Fakes, and Wannabe's -  I don't understand. This is secondlife land of the fun. Well suppose to be land of the fun. And there are all kinds of people out there who lie to your face right from the moment you meet. It seems rather silly that you would do that. (unless you are in a character, which I would hope you would say in your profile). I just don't get it. And the fake people that lie and say they are something they are not. I would rather be friends and get to know someone for them. Not because they wanna be something more than they are. Which leads me to the wannabes/social climbers. Just because someone that made a name for themselves in SL is your friend. Isn't something for you to brag about. Don't use that person that worked hard to get where they are to try and boost your status. Because it makes you look lame. Don't copy them, don't act like them. Instead learn from how they got there...unless they are like drama inflicted then really you should just stay away haha.




 Bouncer Criss had a bonus...I want one too:
 BLOGGERs who give GOOD BLOGGERS bad reps: I know its totally cool that you wanna be a blogger. And you should blog what you like. And I don't mean to nitpick at this because we all have to start somewhere. But there are a few things about bloggers that annoy me that I hear constantly.  Pictures:  take some tutorials before you just slap a pic up. Put some creative thought into it. Learn a few tricks, its really simple. I know I am not the queen of pictures. I am still learning but I truly believe that my quality is good enough or I wouldn't blog for the designer that allow me to.
Here are a couple of sites I use alot!
http://strawberrysingh.com/tutorials/   (yes Strawberry Singh is a inspiration to me)
http://slbloggersupport.wordpress.com/tutorials/photoshop/    (good stuff here, really simple)

Second part of this Bloggers that don't try rant... Don't blog just to get freebies. I hate this and I am not a designer. Because most bloggers out there are blogging for the fun of it. Kinda like therapy. Sure there are groups looking for bloggers. Designers that are looking too. But they aren't looking for you to run to them and be like hey can I have this. I have heard this a few times. They ask for items and don't even blog. So disappointing. I don't know about the rest of you bloggers and readers. But if someone is claiming to be a blogger and not living up to it. It will ruin it for the rest of us. I see it lately in a designers profile not looking for bloggers because honestly, some people are just greedy.


1 comment:

  1. I so agree with you on the bloggers that make us look bad. It's highly irritating and annoying. I'm glad you shared your peeves and thanks for mentioning my tutorials! <3

    ReplyDelete